Below is environment details:
- SP 2016 Publishing Server – Farm A
- SP 2013 Consuming Server – Farm B
While trying to establish a Remote Connection between Farm A from Farm B by using HTTP connection even on establishing of trust facing below error,
Unable to connect to the specified address. Verify the URL you entered and contact the service administrator for more details.
An operation failed because the following certificate has validation errors:
Errors:SSL policy errors have been encountered. Error code ‘0x6’..
SSL policy errors have been encountered. Error code ‘0x6’.
There are 3 steps to the resolution:
- Step 1: Request Management must be enabled on the Publishing server
- Step 2: The permissions must match on the service on BOTH of the farms
- Step 3: Start and restart the service, via Powershell, that you want to connect too