Configuration the clone of instance of VMWare image of SharePoint Portal Server 2003
Below are the steps to be followed while Configuring the clone instance of VMWare image of SharePoint Portal Server 2003
- Execute configuration wizard of SharePoint
- While executing configuration wizard. First disconnect from current configuration database
- On completion of the configuration wizard. It will open Central Administration page,
- Select option for database configuration
- Give the proper Database details of the new SQL server and config database
- Enter proper service account details
- Configure Search details and start Full crawl (if required)
- Change IIS settings like IP address and same into SharePoint configuration wizard.
Note : Restart IIS as and when required.
In case SQL server connection creates problem then follow these steps,
- Check for the SQL server name – In case of conflict
- Open the Command Prompt
- Run the CLICONFG command
- Remove the DB instance and reconnect DB
Try for running the site in case of any issue execute the below steps,
- Then you need to go to IIS to change the IP for your site.
- Then change the IP in the host file.
Hope on application of above steps SharePoint site should be up and running.